Red Oak Junction Days 2019
Thursday, June 27th - Sunday, June 30th
Junction Days is Red Oak, Iowa’s annual summer celebration. Always hosted the last full weekend of June, the community comes together for a whole weekend of fun. Junction Days is the perfect time for families and alumni to come together for reunion celebrations. There’s a little bit of everything for everyone even if you’re not a Red Oak native. Come enjoy live music, beverage gardens, tournaments, contests, food, fun, laughter, the Grand Parade, and much more.
Come experience a taste of Southwest Iowa.
A thank-you to our overall Junction Days sponsors!
Remembering Our Fallen Tribute Towers
Displayed Thursday thru Sunday, day and night.
A very emotional exhibit, Remembering Our Fallen will be on display during the Junction Days weekend to remind us of the ultimate sacrifice made by those who died from wounds suffered in Iraq and Afghanistan while wearing our country’s uniform.
The memorial includes 31 Tribute Towers with military and personal photos of over 5,000 of our nation’s Fallen since 9/11/2001. This memorial was unveiled nationally at the steps of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, D.C. on Thursday, September 7, 2017.
This national memorial also includes a Tribute Tower to recognize our service men and women who died from training accidents or attacks while stationed stateside or on our overseas bases. And those who return from war with the invisible wounds of PTS and succumb to suicide are included on a Tribute Tower to recognize the tragedy of PTS.
The Tribute Towers will be setup at Noon on Thursday, June 27th and will remain on display until Noon on Sunday, June 30th in Historic Downtown Red Oak, Iowa.
For more information about the Tribute Towers, please visit www.patrioticproductions.org
Schedule of Events
All events hosted in Historic Downtown Red Oak, otherwise noted.
- 4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
- ROCIA Family Fun Activities
- Lettuce Entertain U: Family Fun Night, hosted by the Red Oak Farmers Market
- Decade Tractor Display
- 5:00 – 7:00 PM
- Supper in the Park, hosted by the Montgomery County Cattlemen
- 6:00 PM
- Junction Days 2019 Opening Ceremony (Richard Simpson Memorial Stage)
- Noon – 6:00 PM – Movies at the Depot (Restored Burlington Northern Depot & WWII Memorial Museum)
- 7:00 PM – Midnight
- ROAR! Red Oak All Class Reunion (Red Coach Inn & Restaurant)
- 7:00 – 9:30 AM – Rotary Club Pancake Feed
- 7:30 / 7:35 AM – 10K / 2 Mile Fun Run Silly Walk
- 8:00 – 4:00 PM – Vendor Fair Begins
- 10:30 AM – Grand Parade (Parade line-up starts at 4th & Linden)
- 10:30 – 4:00 PM – Food Vendors Begins
- 11:30 – 1:00 PM – Junction Days Luncheon (First Covenant Church)
- 11:30 – 4:00 PM – Tractor Display
- Noon – 3:00 PM – Bingo (Red Oak Eagles’ Club)
- Noon – 3:00 PM – Balloon Artists
- Noon – 4:00 PM – Kids Inflatables
- 12:30 PM – Hot Dog Eating Contest (Richard Simpson Memorial Stage)
- 1:00 PM – Kiwanis Duck Race (Historic Fountain Square Fountain)
- 1:30 PM – Name That Tune Contest (Richard Simpson Memorial Stage)
- 2:00 PM – Water Fights (4th Street between Coolbaugh and Reed Street)
- 2:30 PM – Bring Home the Talent Contest (Richard Simpson Memorial Stage)
- 4:00 PM – Midnight – Junction Days Downtown Beverage Garden
- 5:00 – 6:20 PM – Open Interest
- 6:40 – 8:00 PM – Eric Nelson
- 9:00 – Midnight – Code Blue
- 6:00 PM – 2nd Annual Shady Tree BBQ Contest Judging Begins
- 8:00 AM – 2nd Annual 5k Family Bike Ride (Begins Downtown)
- 8:00 AM – Tractor Ride (Begins at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds)
- 8:00 – 11:00 AM – Ambassadors’ Flight Breakfast (Red Oak Municipal Airport)
- Noon – Mud Volleyball Tournament (Montgomery County Fairgrounds)
- Noon – Junction Days Beverage Garden (Montgomery County Fairgrounds)
- Noon – 4:00 PM – Movies at the Depot (Restored Burlington Northern Depot & WWII Memorial Museum)
If you have questions about the schedule, a particular event, want to volunteer, or anything else, please contact our office.