- This event has passed.
Red Oak Farmers Market Meeting
January 28 @ 6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
It is time to start planning for the 2019 market season. Please save the date and plan to attend our organizational meeting:
Monday, January 28, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Location: Red Oak Chamber and Industry Association Office, 307 East Reed Street, Red Oak, Iowa 51566
Food will be served: Lori will make Chili, Maggie/Steve will provide bread and a side dish
Please bring a beverage or other dish (appetizer, dessert, etc.) if your wish to contribute.
Agenda: Items to be discussed:
- Market dates – May-October
- Day(s) of week to hold markets – Some vendors have expressed interest in a Saturday morning market; others have questioned if the Hospital market on Tuesdays is generating enough sales to keep this location/day; Thursday evening markets in Fountain Square Park will be kept as our primary market. This is an important item on the agenda; please attend and contribute your voice to this discussion!
- Sponsorship: We anticipate that Live Well Montgomery County (LWMC) will sponsor the market again in 2019. There is a LWMC meeting the week of 1/14 with our sponsorship as an agenda item.
- Farm Fresh Shares (FFS) Opportunities
- ROFM Management
- Financial Report
- Activities/Event Calendar Planning
- Other Business
If you have an item to add to the agenda, please let me know ahead of the meeting.
- The Iowa Farmers Market Association annual meeting/workshop is Saturday, February 2, 9 am-4 pm in Des Moines. This is worthwhile meeting to attend if you would like to learn more about Farmer Markets across Iowa. For more information, visit the website: http://www.iafarmersmarkets.org