- This event has passed.
Iowa National Guard Civic Leader Center of Influence
May 8 @ 10:00 AM - 3:30 PM
What is a Civic Leader Event?
A Civic Leader Event gives business and community leaders the opportunity to learn more about the Iowa National Guard’s state and federal missions. Community leaders that participate in this event get to learn about the training capabilities available at the Red Oak, Iowa National Guard.
Agenda: A practical review of how we use the Iowa Guard every day!
• 1000 – 1030 – Community leaders and employers arrive
• 1030 – 1100 – The Adjutant General of The Iowa National Guard ESGR engagement
• 1100 – 1130 – Lunch
• 1130 – 1200 – Briefing with Tony Smithhart from the Department of Labor
• 1200 – 1230 – Briefing with Jason Kemp from Home Base Iowa
• 1230 – 1300 – ESGR Overview, Understanding the role of the “Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve” to employers and those still serving in the Guard and Reserve
• 1300 – 1530 – Facilities tour, Static Displays, and actual flight in an Army National Guard Helicopter (Note: flights are subject to change due to weather or mission requirements and, therefore, may not be available).
Registration for event: Please register using the attached form to reserve your seat for the event or at the link provided here