- This event has passed.
Holiday Extravaganza & Piccadilly Auction 2019
November 11 @ 4:30 PM - 8:00 PM$20
Get ready for a fun evening of shopping, entertainment, good food, and much laughter at the 16th Annual Holiday Extravaganza: Ladies Night Out! This year’s theme is Ugly Sweaters, so come dressed in your favorite ugly sweater, and even enter into one of the two contests that evening for a chance to win a prize: Individual Ugly Sweater Contest and Team Ugly Sweater Contest.
Date: Monday, November 11th
Time: 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Location: White Fair Building
Tickets: 250 tickets will go on sale October 1st for $20 each. Last year the tickets sold out a week and a half prior to the event, so get yours quickly! Tickets will be available at the Red Oak Chamber and Industry Association office and the Pudgy Pumpkin Patch Gift Shop. Tickets will not be sold online.
- Chicken Breast / Roast Beef
- Cheesy Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Green Beans
- Various small desserts
- Chex Mix will be available throughout the evening
- Water, tea, and coffee will be available
- Catering by Brenda Vrba through the Red Oak Elks Lodge
- Cash bar sponsored by the Red Oak Elks Lodge
Emcee: Greg Brower
Veteran’s Day: Please note that the Holiday Extravaganza falls on Veteran’s Day, so banks will be closed. Please arrange your banking needs prior to that Monday.
Shopping: There will be 20+ vendors that evening showcasing their holiday items. Various deals, contests, and other opportunities for discounts and gift certificates will be available throughout the evening.
Piccadilly Auction: Make sure to bring plenty of quarters with you to the Holiday Extravaganza, because the Piccadilly Auction items are valued in quarters. When you enter the building that evening you will receive an auction paddle. Every table setting will have a placemat, and on the backside of that placemat is the auction bill with all the items available that evening with their auction value. When the auction begins these rules will be reviewed. When an item goes up for auction, the item will be held up and walked around the room. If you would like to bid on the item, place the auction item’s value into the container at your table ($0.25, $0.50, $0.75, etc.) and raise up your paddle. The auctioneer will then generate a random number on the projector screen. If you put in a bid on the item, your paddle is up in the air, and the number that was generated is the same as your auction paddle, you win the item!
Donations: The Piccadilly Auction is made possible by the generosity of area businesses. The auction is a great marketing opportunity for your business, and another way to show support to the community. If you’re interested in donating an item, please contact the Red Oak Chamber office and we’ll help you get listed. Suggested value for donations are $25+, and please make sure to add a business card with your item. Your business will be recognized during the auction when your item goes on display. The funds generated by the auction goes towards the Red Oak Chamber holiday kickoff events and the holiday downtown decoration efforts.
Information for Vendors
If you would like to be a vendor at the Holiday Extravaganza, please use the registration below. Registration deadline is October 18th. Please note, you MUST be a Red Oak Chamber member to participate as a vendor for this event. If you are interested in becoming a member, please contact our office and speak with Elaine Carlson (712-623-4821). Vendors are also required to add a donation item to the Piccadilly Auction (suggested value $25).
- Registration is $50 per booth (payment done via cash, check, or invoice; no online payment is available for this event)
- Each booth space is 8’ wide and 6’ deep, includes 1 table, 2 chairs, and 2 admission tickets in-case you have a helper with you that evening.
- Booth set up opportunities this year will be as follows:
Sunday, November 10th – 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
Monday, November 11th – 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
If you need additional time, please contact our office to make arrangements. You will be responsible for decorating your own table area. Your booth comes with a table and skirting, otherwise noted during the registration process.
- Showcase your holiday gifts, decorations, catering ideas, or other ways to promote your business. Bring items to sell on the spot or take orders.
- To further enhance the event and promote your business, we ask you to please donate an item(s) which values for $25 or more for the Piccadilly Auction. You may drop off donation items to the Red Oak Chamber office. Please bring in donation items prior to November 1st so we can get the auction bill created in a timely manner.
- Your business will be included in later advertisements regarding the Holiday Extravaganza.
- During the Holiday Extravaganza, you will have the opportunity to utilize Greg Brower, the evening MC, to make announcements for your business, special drawings, etc.
- Open WiFi is available.